I found the book I had been seeking since crossing the Colorado River,
"Roadside Geology of Arizona". Also got a lovely geologic map of
eastern GC. Unknowingly, we had climbed the Mogollon Rim into the
Central Highlands province. When we return home I will be making
extensive use of Google Earth. Look at the blog for upcoming postings
of route maps, GEarth photos and our photographs of the trip.
- North of Perkinsville, Arizona
- Dover School Trial
- Day 2: North Hollywood to Barstow
- Mormon Rocks, Cajon Pass
- Snow in AZ
- If you ever get the opportunity to drive US 89A, ...
- On Our Way Back Home
- Saying Goodby to Grand Canyon
- My time, at last.
- A Find
- Still at the Big Gully
- Beginning Vacation Blues.
- Looking Down Through Time
- Grand Canyon
- National Trails Highway
- Starting up Cajon Pass
- Crack of Dawn
- Jacuzzi in the Bedroom
- Disorganized Departure
- More; on Less
- Arthritis as The Soul of Wit
- Into the Empty Quarter
- When Will Vacation Get Here?
- Round-about to the Grand Canyon
- ▼ April (24)