Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Presidential Ambition

At one time I was wont to say that the desire to be president should be considered a disqualifying trait. Arthur C. Clarke had an interesting idea in his novel Imperial Earth. Go read the novel - get the idea from the original.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Imperial_Earth

I also likened the US capitol to a quarantine facility; as would be state capitols, and on down to the school board.

Under present circumstances I've reason to modify my thinking. Any one without powerful ambition would decline the job with all the crises popping up by the minute. So all the politicos grasping for power don't worry me quite as much - somebody's got to do the job.

Love and kisses,
Stephen

PS. I'm putting my mark next to Obama's name.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Site Meter

Followers